vdr newbie question: VIDEODIR=/video?

Hi

On 4:01:17 pm 03/05/2006 Lutz Bender <l.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> card with playback capabilities, you have to use some plugin that
> implements a device for output in software. Maybe via xine or

On this subject - I've been using the xine plugin for a while, but I've
noticed that there do seem to be others (notably softdevice/streamdev). Is
there a guide somewhere to how these differ?
I guess my ideal solution would be to access VDR through gstreamer/totem,
but some googling suggests that that isn't possible at the moment, so I'm
just looking for something a bit simpler than the xine plugin (if only so I
can avoid recompiling xine).

Cheers,
---
Chris Jones