Encrypted channel without cam and channel switching

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> I'm also wondering, in case they switch from encrypted to fta, how is
> vdr going to know that if it forbids tuning to the transponder and know
> that the channel is no more encrypted?

Good question. It just doesn't.
If the transponder is not tuned to by the EPG scan or by switching to
an other (unencrypted) channel on that transponder, so that the CA
setting gets updated, VDR will consider the channel "unavailable".

Maybe it should switch to the transponder, anyway, if the channel
is selected directly (not via Up/Down). But that will have to wait
until after version 1.4.

Klaus