No recording-name in an episode-folder

Patrick Maier wrote:
> From: "Oliver Seidel" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Am Montag, 13. M?rz 2006 23:55 schrieb Patrick Maier:
>>
>>> Hi Klaus,
>>> really a great work!!
>>>
>>> Something I realized:
>>> I'm recording the Simpsons on "Pro Sieben" as a repeating Timer. The
>>> Simpsons do not have a subtitle, so in the Recordings-Menu I see a
>>> subfolder "The Simpsons" but inside the Folder there are only the
>>> Times and
>>> Dates of the recording, because there is no subtitle...
>>> Would it be possible that if a recording in a episode-folder dores
>>> not have
>>> a subtitle, the episode-name would be displayed?
>>

>> I think it is better then in such a case vdr generates his own "short
>> text"
>> with a fix prefix like "Episode" or "Folge" and a two or three
>> Digit-Number.
>> So you get a directory called "The Simpsons" and in that directory all
>> recordings called "Episode 001","Episode 002","Episode 003",....
>>
>> Is it possible make this changes in vdr?
>

> This would be Possible, but you would have to generate the short-text
> when creating the recording.
> I've made a little patch to VDR 1.3.44. See the attachment.
>
> @Klaus:
> what do you think about it? :)

So then you'll get a Recordings menu like

The Simpsons

08.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons
09.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons
10.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons
11.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons
12.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons
13.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons
14.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons
15.01.06 20:00  The Simpsons

Where exactly is the additional benefit in having the series name
(which is already listed in the title) repeated for every episode?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to complain to the broadcaster and
ask why they don't provide episode titles?

Klaus