[ANNOUNCE] vdr-skinsoppalusikka-0.0.5

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 23:05 +0200, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
> > It seems to work fine here with a dxr3 (not that I did extensive
> > testing) *without* logos: the dxr3 simply cannot show enough colors.
> > One note: the channel info is refreshed continuously when shown and that
> > will surely cause problems with a dxr3, but there's an option (in the
> > dxr3 setup menu) to limit the refresh rate.
>
> I've been told that there's some weird OSD flashing and missing
> colors even without logos. Seems like I've been misinformed,

In that case I'd like to (mis)inform you again :)  With 0.0.5 the
situation seems more or less exactly the same here as when I tried with
0.0.1:

If logos are in use, there are missing colors, flickering rectangles and
lines all over the screen when changing the channels, but that's kind of
expected.  If no logos in use, no missing colors noticed, but even after
setting the DXR3 OSD flush rate to unusually high values (~100ms, higher
not tested because it makes the OSD too clunky already), after a few
channel changes my VDR is pretty much completely stuck (not crashed) and
won't display anything before it's restarted.  I think I got some of the
flickering issues without logos too.

To give some perspective to the 100ms flush rate number, with ST:TNG I
can lower it down to about 30ms and OSD stays stable, below that I start
to get various artifacts.  With text2skin+enElchi+dxr3-logos, I can
decrease it to zero and it's rock solid and there are no artifacts of
any kind.  That zero isn't the whole truth though because I think
text2skin makes the OSD work slightly slower anyway, thus avoiding the
issue, but hey, I'm not complaining ;)