Controlling xineplayer?

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Hhm, when I start replaying an external file (of resolution 352x240) and
>>> hit the blue button (which stops replaying) I get the following output
>>> on console:
>>>
>>> SetPlayMode: 5
>>> vdr-xine: external connecting ...
>>> vdr-xine: external connected!
>>> osd: (0, 0)-(352, 240)
>>> SetPlayMode: 0
>>>
>>> Do you get "SetPlayMode: 0"?
>>>
>>> Are you able to open VDR's main menu and stop replaying there?
>>
>> No, the remote does not respond to any remote keys until after the
>> file has
>> finished playing.
>
> Hhm, seems like you have to dig into VDR's code, why it doesn't respond
> to any remote keys received via the FF-card's IR receiver.
>
> I have no problem here to control VDR with LIRC, keyboard or via
> vdr-xine's remote, i. e. by pressing keys in xine's window.

I was able to solve my problem by not using xineplayer at all.  I can use
mplayer with full slave commands with the following mplayer.sh. :)  I can fast
forward, rewind, everything now.

--snip--

#!/bin/sh
export XAUTHORITY=/home/cym/.Xauthority
CMDLINE="mplayer -fs -vo xv -ao alsa -cache 4096 -slave -nolirc -quiet"
DISPLAY=:0.0 $CMDLINE "$1" 1>&1 | logger
exit

--snip--

Note the XAUTHORITY variable being set because I run VDR as root and debian will
not allow access to the DISPLAY without that.

Thanks!