[ANNOUNCE] vdr-soppalusikka-0.0.1

Lainaus Rolf Ahrenberg <rahrenbe@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Petri Helin wrote:
>
> > I tried the version 0.02 and although it seems to be working fine, I have
>
> > couple of questions. First of all, there are no indication in the main menu
>
> > display about a recording activity, if the recording was started by a
> timer.
>
> IMHO, there's no need to show background recording activity while
> surfing in menus, so I haven't implemented such a feature. I don't want
> my screen filled up with all the bells and whistles that add no real
> value.

I, on the contrary, do like to see if the system is recording, and if it is,
what is it recording. But it is your soppalusikka, so I won't fight about it ;)

> Sure, I've been thinking about implementing some parts of femon into
> soppalusikka, but it would generate some drawbacks like slowing down
> channel zapping etc. You can always bind the femon plugin to some user
> defined key and you'll get the aspect ratios as easily as pressing the
> ok to bring up the default channel info.

Starting the femon plugin causes always a few seconds gap during which the
screen turns black. So no thank you.

> Why you'd want the see the bitrates/aspect ratios/.. everytime you'll
> open the channel info? Just to verify that your visual cortex is still
> in sync with the video stream? ;)

Why would I need any of the other provided bits of information either? Let's say
I just like information :)

> If you absolutely need this kind of information, there's a video status
> feature in skinelchi plugin (but for FF cards only?).

I was hoping that this would be a slighter solution than the text2skin +
enElchi-skin which I am currently using (although I had to add the current
recordings bar to the main menu myself). So I will just continue with that one then.