[ANNOUNCE] vdr-soppalusikka-0.0.1

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Petri Helin wrote:

> I tried the version 0.02 and although it seems to be working fine, I have
> couple of questions. First of all, there are no indication in the main menu
> display about a recording activity, if the recording was started by a timer.

IMHO, there's no need to show background recording activity while
surfing in menus, so I haven't implemented such a feature. I don't want
my screen filled up with all the bells and whistles that add no real
value.

> One proposition I'd like to make is that you could somehow get this and the
> femon plugin to work together, so that the femon plugin could offer for
> example information about the aspect ratio of the current program which in
> turn could be added to the program information. Or can that be achieved by
> other means?

Sure, I've been thinking about implementing some parts of femon into
soppalusikka, but it would generate some drawbacks like slowing down
channel zapping etc. You can always bind the femon plugin to some user
defined key and you'll get the aspect ratios as easily as pressing the
ok to bring up the default channel info.

Why you'd want the see the bitrates/aspect ratios/.. everytime you'll
open the channel info? Just to verify that your visual cortex is still
in sync with the video stream? ;)

If you absolutely need this kind of information, there's a video status
feature in skinelchi plugin (but for FF cards only?).

..and then some general information: if you're are switching between
themes, the some osd colors may fade to transparent until you'll reopen
the menu - this is by design.

BR,
--
rofa