[RFC] Eliminating the 'summary' field of timers

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> - The upper 16 bit of the timer's 'flag' field are no longer
>   given any special treatment, and also shouldn't be used.
>   Only the flags defined in vdr.5 shall be used.

I am using a script I wrote to add and manage my timers automatically.
The script is using these upper 16 bits to identify which
timers have been added by the script and which have been
added or changed manually. This is done by setting an id
(magic number) in these upper 16 bits. Later, only timers
which have this id are touched (modified) by the script.

The thing I like is the fact that (from vdr.5) "When a user
modifies an active timer, the upper  16 bits of this
unsigned 32 bit parameter will be explicitly set to 0."
Because of this, my script doesn't overwrite manual changes of
the timers.

How can this be achieved in your new concept?
(Any positive answer is ok for me - it is no problem to change
my script.)

Dirk