[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.7 plugin

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce Valentine's release 0.7.7:

     http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.7.7.tgz

2006-02-14: Version 0.7.7

- Updated MANUAL (thanks to Ville Skytt? for supplying the patch).
- Added Dutch translation (thanks to Maarten Wisse for supplying the
   patch).
- Fixed auto primary device functionality concerning ActualDevice
   (thanks to Luca Olivetti for reporting this issue).
- Shutting down cOsdProvider when vdr-xine is nolonger primary device
   to fix an issue where the new primary device doesn't register it's
   own cOsdProvider instance.
- Fixed cXineDevice::SetDigitalAudioDevice() for radio channels with
   multiple audio tracks (e. g. RADIO INT2). These tracks are not
   related to each other and therefore syncing these tracks by PTS is
   impossible and causes huge delays otherwise.
- Adopted cXineDevice::GrabImage() to VDR-1.3.38 (based on a patch of
   Darren Salt).
- Fixed some issues with FIFO_DIR containing spaces (thanks to Darren
   Salt for supplying the patch).
- Fixed some warnings about strict-aliasing issues when compiling with
   gcc-4.1 (thanks to Ville Skytt? for reporting this issue).
- Added two new command line arguments (-X / -Y) to change the default
   image size for GrabImage(). Internally, they are predefined as
   -X 720 and -Y 576.
- Dropped the Audio-Mode setup option for VDR >= 1.3.18 as VDR's audio
   menu and PlayPes() took over sending just a single audio stream to
   the output device.
- Fixed implementation of cXineDevice::Clear(), which speeds up jumping
   back and forth in recordings. A stresstest showed that from time to
   time a deadlock happened in libasound (ALSA) when xine is opening the
   audio device. You may experience a problem too if you stay on the
   GREEN button at the beginning of a recording. On my system it caused
   segfaults, asserts and deadlocks while xine is opening the ALSA
   audio device. I'd be glad if someone could fix this issue.
   Anyway, I hope that this change partitially fixes the delay on some
   systems which happened when switching to trickspeed modes while
   replaying a recording.
- Added support for VDR's new info key.
- Tried to get xine's ffmpeg decoder to work with vdr-xine, but failed.
- Had xine CVS take over a couple of my xine patches.
- Tuned xine-lib's startcode scanner in libmpeg2.
- Adapted vdr-xine to VDR-1.4.41 changed detection of transfer mode.
- Adapted vdr-xine to VDR-1.4.42 changed cDevice::PlayAudio().
- Replaced noSignal*.pes with noSignal*.mpg. vdr-xine will complain
   about a missing noSignal.mpg. Just copy the new files from the source
   directory to the mentioned location as mentioned in INSTALL.
- Changed buffering completely. When VDR switches to a channel, xine
   starts replaying at 12.5 % of normal speed. Then vdr-xine monitors
   the stream's PTS values and compares them to the value which xine
   reports. The difference between VDR's and xine's value makes up the
   currently gained buffer. When the buffer reaches the configured size
   then xine switches to 100 % speed.
   ATTENTION: this change requires you to reduce the configured
              prebuffer in vdr-xine's setup page to about 8 frames!
- Updated MANUAL and INSTALL accordingly.

For this release I suggest the following xine sources:

http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/xine-lib-cvs-20060212215500.tar.bz2
http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/xine-ui-cvs-20060212215500.tar.bz2

Highly recommended is the following patch:

http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.3.42-dvbplayer6.patch
http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.2.6-dvbplayer5.patch

For details about the patch see:

http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-patches-README.txt