Different languaghes on right/left channel

Anders wrote:
> After an upgrade to 1.3.34 all works just fine while viewing Eurosport and
> Nickelodeon.
>
> But if I make a recording from Eurosport och Nickelodeon and replay that
> recording I get audio channels "1" and "2" instead of the "nor+fin" and
> "sve+dan" i get during wathcing live tv.
>
> Is this expected behaviour or have I overlooked somethins else?
>
> Regards,
> Anders

Having no language code at all during replay is a problem
that I'll try to fix. However, I'm afraid the two different
language codes for one PID are a fundamental problem.

While in live tv the channel data can indicate that there
are two different languages on one audio PID, the EPG data
for stream components doesn't seem to have this capability
(or at least I haven't found it, yet).

In pat.c, cPatFilter::Process(), we have

                for (SI::Loop::Iterator it; ld->languageLoop.getNext(l, it); ) {
                     if (*ld->languageCode != '-') { // some use "---" to indicate "none"
                        if (n > 0)
                           *s++ = '+';
                        strn0cpy(s, I18nNormalizeLanguageCode(l.languageCode), MAXLANGCODE1);
                        s += strlen(s);
                        if (n++ > 1)
                           break;
                        }
                     }

where for a single PID there can be two language codes.
In eit.c, cEIT::cEIT(), on the other hand, there is

             case SI::ComponentDescriptorTag: {
                  SI::ComponentDescriptor *cd = (SI::ComponentDescriptor *)d;
                  uchar Stream = cd->getStreamContent();
                  uchar Type = cd->getComponentType();
                  if (1 <= Stream && Stream <= 2 && Type != 0) {
                     if (!Components)
                        Components = new cComponents;
                     char buffer[256];
                     Components->SetComponent(Components->NumComponents(), cd->getStreamContent(), cd->getComponentType(),
                                       I18nNormalizeLanguageCode(cd->languageCode), cd->description.getText(buffer, sizeof(buffer)));
                     }
                  }

where we get only _one_ language code for each component.
Maybe it would be feasible to check the language codes of the
stream components against those of the channel data at the moment
the recording starts, and overwrite the stream component data with
the PID data. This, though, would require the tComponent::language
member to be changed to 8 byte length so that it can hold abc+def
style language codes - but that's the least problem.

Any comments?

Klaus