BUG ? : VDR wakes up additional videodisks while (re)starting VDR and while searching for Deleted Recordings

christian jacobsen wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have noticed that VDR now - can't say at the moment at what version it
> started - wakeup the additinal videodisks when (re)starting the vdr
> program, this was previously not so. Maybe it is since the delted
> recordings are included in the "free" videospace or it has something to
> do with the caching of the recording list !?
> The same thing has allways happended when the list of Delete Recordings
> is created by an VDR internal function - unfortunatly I don't know what
> function that is. This can be tested with the Undelete plugin :
> http://www.fast-info.de/vdr/undelete/index.htm
>
> Would it be possible to somehow change this ?
>

> Normally it should not be necessary to use the [0-9][0-9][0-9].vdr files
> when creating those lists. The only thing that comes into my mind in
> this context is that it is used to calculate the free size including the
> deleted recordings !? If that is the case then maybe index.vdr could be
> used instead to find out how many minutes the deleted recording is and
> add that to the free time instead of using the size :) Or somehow check
> if the videofiles are linked and then don't touch them.
>
> A litte Background info. I have got 3 disks in my VDR and it is placed
> in my Livingroom. To reduce noise and Heat I let the second and third
> disk sleep most of the time. VDR only knows of the first disk /video and
> the recordings are then split to the other disks when cutting or
> reorganizing with AutoCutter. Maybe that has something to do with this
> problem !?

VDR only determines the size of the recording directories when
it is started. Once it is running, it shouldn't wake up your
additional disks.

Are you starting/stopping VDR all the time?

Klaus