Problem with fbxine and xine-plugin

On 10 Feb 2006 16:28:14 +0100
Stephan Loescher <loescher@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The graphics card is an onboard ATI 3D Rage LT Pro AGP-133.
> Do I have to explicitly enable Xv?
> In the xorg-logfile there only these two line about Xv:
> (II) Loading extension XVideo
> (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
>
> xdpyinfo lists XVideo as an extension.

Run xvinfo to see if the driver actually has Xv support. I recall
that some Mach64 cards only have that in the GATOS drivers, and at
least in XFree86 there was no working Xv out of the box. This may have
changed though, or may not apply to your hardware.

Even with Xv that card is not too good, but you are pretty much out of
options without an AGP slot (I guess your machine doesn't have one
because of the integrated chip). Good PCI cards are more expensive than
their AGP counterparts and the slower bus may be bad for performance.

DirectFB could be an option too if it has video overlay support for
your card.

--Niko Mikkil?