Problem with fbxine and xine-plugin

Hi,

Stephan Loescher wrote:

>>> I use xine-plugin 0.7.6. It works fine when I use xine (X11) but my
>>> Celeron-500 is too slow. So I tried it with fbxine.

Release 0.7.7 will speed up xine-lib's MPEG start code scanner just like
my recent patch did for VDR's cVideoRepacker, so maybe the situation
improves when using VDR 1.3.42 and vdr-xine-0.7.7, which is to be
released soon.

>>> But it seems that fbxine does not recognize the VDR-keys as xine does.
>> I doubt fbxine would be any faster than xine on X.org or XFree86.
>> Which graphics card do you have and do you have Xv enabled. 500 MHz Celeron
>> is perhaps a bit too slow for software decoding if you don't have XvMC
>> acceleration (in NVidia GeForce 4 MX and later) or some Matrox card
>> (G200 and later) with Vidix output used in Xine.
>
> The graphics card is an onboard ATI 3D Rage LT Pro AGP-133.
> Do I have to explicitly enable Xv?
> In the xorg-logfile there only these two line about Xv:
> (II) Loading extension XVideo
> (II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
>
> xdpyinfo lists XVideo as an extension.
>
> Do I have to start xine with a special option to use Xv?

Xv should be the default (although I got a report today which uses
opengl for any reason), but you may want to "force" it by "-V xv".

You may also want to try "-V xvmc" which should make use of
"XVideo-MotionCompensation". Another try would be "-V xxmc" which
supports eXtended Xvideo Motion Compensation but falls back to xvmc if
your hardware doesn't support it.

As you reported: fbxine currently lacks support for a configurable
key<=>xine-event mapping. The current mapping is hard coded in fbxine
(see xine-ui/src/fb/keys.c) and I didn't want to hard code further 34
keys for VDR. But I've already provided the necessary
"ACTID_EVENT_VDR_..." assignments (see xine-ui/src/fb/actions.[ch]), so
it should not be that difficult to add a subset of the VDR keys for your
needs.

You may also want to try directfb support, but I'm not used to it. I'm
not sure whether you need a different frontend for directfb, e. g.
something like dfbxine???

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl