OSD doesn't work [SOLVED] [SOLVED in xine also]

Hi again,

After some days of troubleshooting the vdr-xine with lots of help
from Reinhard
Nissl we have found where the problem was. I wanted to update you
just in case
someone else suffers this problem.

The problem:
- OSD doesn't work with vdr + vdr-xine (several versions tested)

NVidia (6800 LE)
- OSD works if I run xine on DISPLAY=:0.0 (the monitor).
- OSD works with softdevice
- xdpyinfo output when run on DISPLAY's 0 and 1 doesn't show any
major difference.
- glxinfo run on DISPLAY's 0 and 1 are identical. Direct rendering is
enabled

- The problem is on this line: ($HOME/.xine/config)

# OpenGL renderer
# { 2D_Tex_Fragprog  2D_Tex  2D_Tex_Tiled  Image_Pipeline  Cylinder
Env_Mapped_Torus }, default: 0
# video.output.opengl_renderer:2D_Tex_Fragprog

Changing the default to any of the other values lets OSD work. Either
leaving
it commented out or using 2D_Tex_Fragprog has the problem.

Unfortunately I found that the solution is CPU intensive (10% more)
and the image
has some flickering with fast images (than softdevice) so now I'm
researching
researching this and let you know if I find something. Looks like the
default
'2D_Tex_Fragprog' is the best one (in terms of speed)... but no
OSD... so any
idea is wellcome.

thanks again,
luis

El 20/01/2006, a las 11:10, Luis Palacios escribi?: