vdradmin

On Thursday 09 February 2006 19:50, Robbo wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 15:16 +0100, tony wrote:
> > Hey Andreas
> >
> > Last night I tried recording "2 Fast 2 Furious" on ITV
> >
> > They cut the movie and inserted the News about half way through. This
> > did not appear in the EPG so teh recording stopped 10 minutes into the
> > news.... Is that an EPG issue or something that vdradmin should have
> > picked up?
>
> Usually on ITV and Five if the Film is split by the news there is two
> EPG's for the Film (one before news and one after).  It's something you
> need to be on the lookout for (gets me sometimes).

Same here: it's a right pain in the backside when they do this! There isn't a
simple solution to it, either, because the EPG isn't always correct and the
gap can vary greatly.

> I tend to just extend the finish time so only get one recording, (easier
> to edit if you wish to keep, etc)....

I even do the same when there is half-an-hour of news in the middle of a film:
makes it much simpler to edit and put onto DVD than trying to splice two
separate recordings.

Cheers,

Laz