openmhp development?

Hi.

2006/2/7, Jouni Karvo <jouni.karvo@xxxxxx>:

any news on development of openmhp plugin?

Sorry to say, but not really. The stuff on my web page is pretty much all
there is. I don't use it myself privately, and it does what's been needed of
it, so I wouldn't expect too much. A very very minor update is probably due
at some point, but beyond that I can't say. If anybody wants to contribute,
though, I'd be glad to help.

Currently the YLE "digitekstiTV" just says some service is not
> available,

I think this problem is caused by openmhp itself. You can verify it by
trying to run the xlet directly with openmhp. If this is the case, then the
openmhp folks might be able to help, but as the vdr plugin has required the
modification of original openmhp code, you might not be able to just plug in
a new version of openmhp. Of course, if a fix were to be found, the required
modifications on the plugin would in all probablity be minor, and I'd be
happy to make them.

and the "ohjelmaopas" part starts loading but just stops at
> 30%.

I believe the EPG xlet needs data (service information) from the dvb
transmission. Making it work would require work on both the plugin and
openmhp; getting the data from vdr and feeding it to openmhp. It might not
be too much work, but I haven't really looked into it.

--
Mikko Novaro