[1.3.40] Fast channel switching resets

Andreas Share wrote:

>>> Nice idea, but not working for me.
>>>
>>> If I hold down ChUp on my remote, VDR just goes one channel up. Then,
>>> the repeat kicks in and the channel number counts up rapidly, but
>>> resets to the current channel after 10-40 channels (1-2 seconds),
>>> then starts counting up again. No channel switches after the first
>>> one in log files.
>>> After releasing ChUp, the final channel switch happens, to the
>>> channel that was shown at that time.
>>>
>>> With keyboard, the ChUp is waaay slower, but works. From the logs,
>>> each channel is switched separately, just as without repeat.
>>>
>>> Remote support is based on remote-0.3.3, keyboard support is
>>> VDR-builtin. No other plugins loaded.
>>

>> Well, I could only test this with my own RCU stuff, but I just
>> assumed that it should work just as well with LIRC.
>>
>> It can't work with the keyboard, because there is no "repeat"
>> functionality in cKbdRemote. Maybe somebody could find a way
>> to implement that ;-)
>>
>> So basically I'm afraid I can't help here. The functionality
>> works great with my RCU, so I would assume that there are some
>> glitches in cLircRemote or the remote plugin you're using.
>> My guess would be that there is no uninterrupted stream of
>> "repeat" keypresses. As soon as a non-repeat keypress is
>> received, a channel switch will take place.
>>

> Hi,
>
> i also use the RCU, but i have the same effect as Udo....i use a old
> Dbox1 remote control.
>
> Andreas

Please put a line like

   fprintf(stderr, "%04X\n", Key);

at the beginning of cDisplayChannel::ProcessKey() and check
whether, when you press the Up key, hold it down for a while
and finally release it, you get

0000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
8000
4000

The important thing is that there is not a single 0000 between
all the 8000. If you do get an interruption there, then you
should trace that back to where it comes from.

Klaus