[Announce] VDR-Maintenance-Patch f. 1.3.38 and .39

2006/1/17, Udo Richter <udo_richter@xxxxxx>:

> Calling noad at a certain time could be done with a cron job, also
> managing a noad queue could be done externally with some scripting.
> Controlling could be done with recording commands. The only obstacle
> left is the actual cut. There are patches that allow external triggering
> of cutting, and I guess there are also external command line tools for
> cutting somewhere...

You are right this is also possible with some external scripts. I did this
before this patch was available.
Nevertheless I dont' like this scripting because it is (in my opinion) much
more error-prone. Besides of this I like it very much that I can do
everything
mit my remote control directly in VDR. If you think of VDR as a livingroom
STB you would would agreen that a "normal" STB-User would not set up
scripts and CRON-jobs.
Think of th WAF! Let's keep things simple! ;-)

Matthias