Bitstreamout not working, help?

Hi!

Sorry to bother with possibly a stupid question, but I have VDR
1.3.something (the latest one in Ubuntu distro) and Bitstreamout
(ditto), and.. well.. it doesn't work.

VDR runs nicely with analog output, I have S/PDIF cable connected from
motherboard's output to a Yamaha AV Receiver. I can play MP3s with VLC
via S/PDIF to Yamaha and to the connected speakers. Bitstreamout is
loaded, and I can tweak its parameters via the OSD; as far as I know the
card/device parameters are correct.

However, when I play TV (or recording) with VDR I can hear nothing on
the speakers connected to the Yamaha? Help!?

Thanks,

   Ari Huttunen