Re: [patch] load i18n versions of commands/reccmds.conf

Am Montag, 14. November 2005 19:34 schrieb Lucian Muresan:
> rollercoaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > What concerns me more, is how to let the translators do the translation
> > of vdr and all these plugins (currently 25 in our distribution). It will
> > be quite unhandy to send them 26 file to be translated and syncing them
> > after translation, so i already think of merging them for easier
> > handling. But after that it will be harder to care for updates...
>
> I can believe you that this is hard to maintain for a distributor. But
> hey, I just hacked something which makes it possible, now you want all
> your work done, too ;-).
No, i don't want anyone to do it this for us, I was just thinking loud.
This has to be done at sooner or later, so if it's not there *we* will do it.
So i was asking if anyone has ideas or suggestions:

> > Seems like it's time for some concept. If anyone has got ideas...
> > btw: I also like the concept like in kde (i.e.) of having installable
> > language files.

maybe it was unwise to do this question in this thread (as it does not concern
your patch directly). But why not discuss this issue here on this list
*before* starting work?

regards,
Thiemo