Accidental No Signal after channel switch

Hi,

Maarten Wisse wrote:

> I've been running my VDR for some time now, with basically only one problem
> left. The setup is budget card only with a Skystar2 card running on kernel
> 2.6.13 b2c2-flexcop-pci drivers. This outputs to vdr-1.3.34-vanilla (only
> dvbplayerpatch from Reinhard Nissl) with vdr-xine-0.7.6 (xxmc enabled output
> to monitor).
>
> The one single problem: at unpredictable moments, VDR-Xine keeps giving the NO
> SIGNAL message after a channel switch. VDR keeps responding to the remote,
> reporting channel swithes and menus, but neither video nor audio is displayed
> anymore (replaying recordings works). A restart of the /etc/init.d/vdr script
> solves the problem. It seems impossible to predict when it will happens. Fast
> zapping or slow zapping doesn't seem to trigger the problem.
>
> Is this a timeout problem or the like? And if so how to solve it? Is it the
> driver or vdr? Anyone clues?

Well, I started my EPIA project with a SkyStar2 Rev. 2.6c about a year
ago and replaced the card after 3 months by a NOVA-S for the same
reason. About a year ago the driver had the problem that for any reason
it didn't get any interrupts anymore and therefore no data for live TV.
Reloading the drivers fixed the issue but was anoying.

IIRC, the driver was under havy development (rewrite?) over the year,
but it seems that the version in 2.6.13 still has problems. Try multiple

	cat /proc/interrupts

to see, whether the device generates any interrupts when it has reached
the NO SIGNAL state.

Another idea: could it be a temperature issue which lets the device
freeze at some point so that only a reset (= reloading of drivers) can
force it back to life?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl