Re: viewing budget via FF, probably stupid question ...

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> Hi Folks! Klaus!
>
> this is probably something easily answered, and I guess
> I just missed it somewhere in the docu ... so apologies
> in andvance ...
>
> I have the following (unusual?) setup (at one location)
> with two dvb-s cards, one FF, one budget, connected to
> two different lnbs (i.e. two different sattelites), and
> I can watch channels on the FF card, and record channels
> on the budget card (no soft device or similar plugin),
> but currently the only way to watch channels received on
> the budget card is to 'pause the live stream', and then
> continue (which basically is recording and playback on
> the FF card), I'm pretty sure there must be a better way
> to accomplish this ...

Just set the CA parameters of the channels to the respective
devices (1 or 2) and VDR should automatically switch into
"Transfer Mode" for channels that can't be received with the
FF card.

This is, of course, assuming that you have _one_ VDR instance
that controls both devices.

Klaus