testing vdradmin-0.97-am3.4.2rc3

> On Wed 2005-11-09 16:57, Ville Skytt? wrote
> > > In my case, a simple one-time recording done from
> vdradmin has sometimes
> > > (enough for me to stop setting timers from it) behaved so
> that when the
> > > timer is set, it looks correct right after the creation.
> But after some
> > > time (in the order of day or two) passes, it has changed
> to something
> > > entirely different, and a completely wrong program has
> been recorded
> > > unless I've noticed the change and had a chance to fix it
> manually.  I
> > > don't have better details right now, sorry.
> >
> > Did you have "AutoTimer Checking" set to "Transmission
> Identification"?
>
> Yes, that seems to be the default, and I don't remember ever changing
> it.
>
> > In this case VDRAdmin will check the EPG ID and will record
> the event having
> > that EPG ID. If the EPG ID is changed for events by the
> broadcasting
> > company different events will be recorded.
> > Can you please check if that's the case?
>
> Could be, makes sense.  I'm currently running vdr with "-E-" to see if
> it prevents the duplicates, so I don't have an epg.data
> available where
> I could check.  Later, maybe...

I have noticed that especially in Finnland on channel "Nelonen" the EPG data
is corrupted. That is there are missing program information, faulty times,
double or even tripple instances of the same program with same or slightly
different timings. This ofcourse means that someone should get in contact
with "Nelonen" to inform them about these things. To do that it would be
nice to have some utility that could be collecting EPG info on selected
channel(s) to back up these "accusations" :)

My EPG bugfix level is set to 0.

// Kartsa