Re: Re: [vdr] ERROR (dvbdevice.c,658): Ungültiger Dateideskriptor with mplayer and vs.h=240 when ask for get eVideoSystem (was [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.34)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Huelswitt" <s.huelswitt@xxxxxx>
Newsgroups: local.linux.vdr
To: <vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: Re: ERROR (dvbdevice.c,658): Ung?ltiger Dateideskriptor
with mplayer and vs.h=240 when ask for get eVideoSystem (was [ANNOUNCE] VDR
developer version 1.3.34)

> On 05 Nov 2005 "Frank" <dac440@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Can you tell me, why request will 'only' fail, when vs.h = 240?
> > On vs.h = 480 or if mplayer playing PAL the file handles will
> > not be released? Naturally i have now take a look in mplayer-plugin,
> > but i have see only ePlayMode "pmExtern_THIS_SHOULD_BE_AVOIDED".
> > What is the difference?
>
> There is no difference. The file handles are released every time.
>
> If you look at the implementation of
> cDvbDevice::GetVideoSystem() you will see, that the return value
> vsPAL is the default. If the ioctl() fails, you get this value
> regardless of what actualy is played.

Hello,

You are right, I have seen it. Sorry, was my mistake, i have made several
changes in plugin to get the rich eVideoSystem and make several changes in
sources (not in vdr) to show NTSC (vcd-Plugin with the only vcd i have and
there this was ok and mplayer with NTSC-Output, there this was only ok
with changes in plugin).

> > I want only get the rich eVideoSystem from vdr without a patch and
> > not implement all for myself.
>
> This is currently impossible.

Now I will handle it for myself.

> May be it could be a solution, to not only close the file
> handles on pmEXTERN but reopen them in read-only mode. I don't
> know if mplayer will work with that fine.

Now I reopen a readonly file handle everytime before open OSD, i don't know,
if it really needed. The eVideoSystem i get from an thread, because i need
also info about eVideoDisplayFormat, where is only to get vdr-settings
instead
of really showing, when dvd is playing.
Until now it works fine for me. Naturally without reopening OSD the position
of OSD will not be correct, if eVideoSystem will change with open OSD.

> And I don't know if Klaus is going to accept patches in this
> area.

Yes, it's his part. For now it is my problem, when it not works correct.
On this place many thanks for his work.

Also thanks for your help.
Frank