Re: [vdr] ERROR (dvbdevice.c,658): Ungültiger Dateideskriptor with mplayer and vs.h=240 when ask for get eVideoSystem (was [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.34)

On 05 Nov 2005 "Frank" <dac440@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can you tell me, why request will 'only' fail, when vs.h = 240?
> On vs.h = 480 or if mplayer playing PAL the file handles will
> not be released? Naturally i have now take a look in mplayer-plugin,
> but i have see only ePlayMode "pmExtern_THIS_SHOULD_BE_AVOIDED".
> What is the difference?

There is no difference. The file handles are released every time.

If you look at the implementation of
cDvbDevice::GetVideoSystem() you will see, that the return value
vsPAL is the default. If the ioctl() fails, you get this value
regardless of what actualy is played.

> I want only get the rich eVideoSystem from vdr without a patch and
> not implement all for myself.

This is currently impossible.

May be it could be a solution, to not only close the file
handles on pmEXTERN but reopen them in read-only mode. I don't
know if mplayer will work with that fine.

And I don't know if Klaus is going to accept patches in this
area.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt