xmltv2vdr timeout

The problem is that xmltv2vdr sets it's timeout
for the whole EPG conversion process, I think.  If your
xmltv2vdr conversion takes along time (due to large files, slow
computer, slow network connection, slow disk, etc.) then you can get a
timeout.

I think the problem can be fixed by editing the file xmltv2vdr.pl
and making a minor edit to the function (subroutine) ProcessEpg.
Look for ProcessEpg, and the look for the code below.  The line
"alarm($Timeout);"
needs to be inserted.  It resets the timeout counter after each line of
the XML file
is processed.  (This is a bit excessive, but fixes the problem.)

   foreach $xmlline (@xmllines)
   {
      chomp $xmlline;

      alarm($Timeout);
      $xmlline=xmltvtranslate($xmlline);

      # New XML Program - doesn't handle split programs yet

Greg