Hollywood+ card working??

michaelip@xxxxxxx schrieb:

>Selon Christian Balzer <christian-balzer@xxxxxx>:
>

>>Hi Michael,
>>
>>- the drivers are loaded
>>- i installed FFMPEG manually, but i thought that the c't vdr managed
>>the installation of all needed hollywood+ stuff correctly. Anyway, the
>>installation of ffmpeg didn't change anything
>>
>>When i try "mplayer -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 -vo dxr3 dvd://1" i can see
>>the DVD via the h+ card. So now i know that is not broken. But i cant't
>>imagine, what's wrong when i try to disply the vdr ...
>>
>>Christian
>>

>>michaelip@xxxxxxx schrieb:

>>>Christian,
>>>
>>>A Hollywood+ card needs some specific drivers to be loaded prior to use it !
>>>If your TV is flickering when loading the drivers, it seems that you have
>>>

>>some
>>

>>>drivers... Meanwhile, the TV screen should normally (often) became grren for

>>>while, before displaying the channel you're watching !
>>>
>>>So that, could you please look at the following:
>>>
>>>1. If you display loaded modules (bash command is lsmod), do you see the
>>>

>>em8300
>>

>>>drivers ?
>>>2. Do you have FFMPEG installed correctly ? EM8300 drivers needs that !
>>>
>>>EM8300 is the driver used to manage the Hollywood+ card.
>>>
>>>More informations about installing/using the DXR3 plugin is located at
>>>http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Dxr3-plugin
>>>
>>>PS: Before changing the setup.conf file for changing the primary device,
>>>

>>make
>>

>>>sure that vdr is not working !

>Ok. Your card and cable are working fine ! Nice !
>
>So now let's try changing the setup.conf ! But bne sure that vdr is stopped
>before changing the file as vdr saves the setup.conf file before leaving (well,
>that's what I noticed !)...
>
>By the way, before doing that ! Did you load the DXR3 plugin when starting vdr ?
>Because even if you use the wrong primary device for input, you should at least
>see the OSD on the TV !
>
>Hope it helps.

I tried to change settings in the setup.conf with a stopped vdr. But it
didn't work. :-(
Even the OSD is not displayed. I get nothing expect the flickering while
drivers are loaded.
Err, the dxr3 drivers are loaded by /etc/init.d/vdr start -dxr3 or not??
When VDR is started these are last the ouput lines:

av7110: found av7110-0
adv717x.o Configuring for PAL
am8300_audio.o: Analof audio enabled
em8300: Microcode version 0x29 loaded