mplayer w/ softdevice

Vladimir Shved a ?crit :

Softplay needs more development work : the author gave us a simple yet
great piece of code.

> Obviously the author of softplay is trying to re-invent the wheel, whats the
> point of creating another player, isn't more efficient to fix already
> existing player to work with softdevice?

I better see it as an architectural best-fitting : softplay adds the
little more to softdevice and vdr, namely playlist and OSD handling.
On the other hand, when using mplayer, you run code that reinvent many
things that are already present in your vdr + plugins code in memory...
and add OSD, remote, etc.problems that could be solved by a much simpler
combination.
softplay is just 3000 lines of code, including everything (wc -l) :
really just nice glue code between vdr and softdevice...

--
NH