Feature request - 1.5x playback with sound

Hi,

Marko M?kel? wrote:

>>>I think this would be very nice thing to be done.
>>>
>>>Mythtv supports this and it was really nice to 'speedwatch' a program
>>>while it had already recorded some minutes and when one caught the
>>>realtime transmission, it switched to normal speed.
>>>
>>>Configurable time-skips with different buttons would be nice thing too :)
>>>

>>Is this really the case that only the two of us are interested in this cind
>>of functionality?
>
> Me too, although I would be happy even if the pitch changed.
>
> But is this something that can be done entirely on the VDR side?  I would
> tend to believe that the decoder needs to be modified as well.  In other
> words, it could be made to work on softdevice and the like, but not on
> (m)any full-featured tuner cards.

Users of vdr-xine my want to try xine's stretch audio plugin. Just add

	--post stretch:factor=0.6667

to xine's command line for 1.5x speed. But maybe it's a better idea to
add it via xine's audio post processing dialog just when watching a
recording, as it doesn't work well when watching live TV. The satellite
won't speed up to broadcast at 1.5x ;-)

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl