Feature request - 1.5x playback with sound

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 04:44:45PM +0300, Kartsa wrote:
> >> Well I was just watching a DVD with PowerDVD windows player and it has
> >> the ability to play back with 1.5x and 2.0x speeds with sound. Without
> >> changing the pitch. And that has to be done with software since I have
> >> no kind of hardware to do that. I know that mplayer can play with many
> >> speeds with sound but the pitch changes also.
> >
> >I think this would be very nice thing to be done.
> >
> >Mythtv supports this and it was really nice to 'speedwatch' a program
> >while it had already recorded some minutes and when one caught the
> >realtime transmission, it switched to normal speed.
> >
> >Configurable time-skips with different buttons would be nice thing too :)
> >
> Is this really the case that only the two of us are interested in this cind
> of functionality?

Me too, although I would be happy even if the pitch changed.

But is this something that can be done entirely on the VDR side?  I would
tend to believe that the decoder needs to be modified as well.  In other
words, it could be made to work on softdevice and the like, but not on
(m)any full-featured tuner cards.

	Marko