DeleteResume patch for vdr 1.3.32.

Hi

>>I would disable spin up/down of disks anyway.
>>

>Is this mainly because you want more noise in
>the living room, because you want the disks to
>die sooner, because you want more heat in your
>VDR PC or because you want it to waste more power? ;-)

You have 9 disks in the living room ? That sounds crazy to me :-)
You are right with noise and heat, but the disks will live longer when
you disable spindown.

>>And vdr doesn't know what disks are involved.
>>

>I am using only a single /video directory on the system disk.
>Directly under /video, I have one directory for each genre.
>Those are symbolic links pointing to other disks, some of
>which are local disks, others are NFS-mounted.
>It would not be hard for VDR to follow my links and find
>out which disks are really involved, but I guess currently
>there is no such code in VDR.

Surely not, and vdr should not mind what hardware is behind /video.
But there is surely a way to put stuff like that into a plugin ...

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx