[OT] not bored yet...

Lucian Muresan wrote:
> ... of a thread containing 43 replies on actually various problems, all
> belonging to the thread "[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.31"?
>
> Come on guys, it shouldn't be too difficult for people dealing with VDR
> to start a copmpletely new thread when one has an issue with a new
> version (replying and only changing the subject makes things only worse)
> instead of replying over and over again to a message which was intended
> as the subject says, an ANNOUNCEMENT.
> It's simply a pain to follow such a thread when the topic changes all
> over. Such a pity that it's not possible for the author of a message to
> check some flag preventing replies, I'm almost sure Klaus would have
> turned on such a switch on these anouncements.

Well, maybe the "Followup-to:" header could help here, but I'm not sure
whether there is one that prevents any replies to a message.
"Followup-to: poster" explicitly directs replies to the original
author - but that's not what I would want. Are there other keywords
for this that could achieve the wanted goal?

Plus: I'm not sure whether a "Followup-to:" header would correctly
make it through the mailing list software. So for a test I'm setting
"Followup-to: poster" in this message. ANYBODY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND YOUR REPLY TO THE LIST INSTEAD OF ME PRIVATELY!
(just capitalized this to make sure it gets read - didn't mean to get loud ;-)

> @Klaus: want to try including a notice in every such original
> announcement, asking people to start new threads with specific problems
> related to the new release?

Do you really believe this would change anything? ;-)

Klaus