(no subject)

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Oliver Joa wrote:

[...]

sorry, i forgot, it is a english list. I will try to translate.

Is there any possibility to synchronise timers between more than 2 vdr?

At the moment i have 3 VDR running, one uses a full-featured-card and a
budget-card (vdr1), the second (vdr2) has only a full-featured-card and
the third (vdr3) has only one budget-card. vdr1 is in my fathers-room,
vdr2 is in my room and vdr3 on the roof. All together share one
filesystem. Now i also want to record more than one transponder, so i need
another kable for vdr2, but i can not install a new one. At the moment i
program vdr3 to do this job, but i can only do by webinterface, which is
not much comfortable, when sitting on the sofa. I also want to install
another LNB for hotbird, so i would need a third cable. Is there any other
better possibility?

Is it somehow possible to program a timer on any VDR and all 3 VDR try to
find a free card in any VDR and use this card for recording? I think i can
remember that Klaus wanted to implement such a feature. Is it still
planned?

Or use a streaming Solution? I read about the streamdev-plugin, but there
is no actual version, the last is from beginning of 2004, so maybe it will
die in the future.

How do you do in such a situation? Two parties in one house who all want
to record and view separatly and share one filesystem and can use any
DVB-Card?

Thanks.

Olli