Querying CAM doesn't work

On su, 2005-08-21 at 13:47 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The reason why I'd like this to work is because if somebody
> has more than one device with CAMs that supports a certain encryption
> method, but only one of them has an actual smart card in it
> and can thus actually decrypt, it is important that VDR selects the
> right device. However, it can't do so if the CAM doesn't react
> on a query.

One Q&D way to solve this (very real problem, at least for me) would be
to separate CA and DVB device information in channels.conf. Currently,
nailing specific channels to a specific device causes VDR to be unaware
the limitations of receiving an encypted channels which it does take
into account when CA field specifies the system being used (Conax for
example).

Of course, one can have more than one CAM in a particular CI of a
particular DVB device..

--
Heikki M