Re: vdr file format for recordings

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Having two different recording formats is a very bad idea, IMHO.

Plus, see my other post, without some stream post processing the result
wont be really useful for other programs.

> Besides, over at vdrportal.de somebody posted that about 50% of his
> recordings can be processed with other tools, so the files produced
> by VDR can't be all that bad.

After demuxing them with ProjectX, VDR recordings are excellent for me,
from all stations. No known bugs there. (AFAIK there are some NTSC
issues left.) I even have a recording that confuses my FF card, but
works flawless on PC. (seems DVB incompatible)

Just converting to m2p (as a simple change in VDR output also would) is
problematic: For cut recordings, all players report a wrong recording
length, some have serious trouble on seeking, and I bet that some
players will have A/V desyncing too.

Cheers,

Udo