VDR LiveBuffer Patch

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:02 PM
> To: vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: VDR LiveBuffer Patch
>

> bergwinkl.thomas@xxxxxxxxx(Thomas Bergwinkl)  18.08.05 14:40
>

> >Philippe Gramoulle wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:07:49 +0200 (CEST)
> >> vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >>
> >>   | With this Patch VDR can do permanent timeshift, so you
> >> can see the last scene again whenever you want :-)
> >>
> >> Sorry, i'm not sure to fully understand what new
> >> functionality this patch brings. Can you elaborate what you
> >> mean by "permanent timeshift" ?
> >>
> >> How does it differ from current behavior ?
>
> >The patch does following:
> >- it always records the channel you are watching,
>
> Super!
>
> >  when you switch channel a new recording starts
> >  and the old will be deleted
>
>    "immediately" because it would be too complicate to let
>    the "mainly viewed stream" continue being recorded while zapping,
>    so after zapping back i can see the timeshifted record starting
>    at the moment of the first "zapp". ;-)

If you want to keep a channel in the buffer you have to do following:
Activate Keep paused LiveBuffer
Then when you watch a channel and press e.g pause or rewind, and switch
channel, the buffer won't be deleted and you can watch the film,
starting at the momement of the first "zapp", when you switch back zu
that channel.

>    OK, the next step would be: record always all available
>    transponders in a 2h ringbuffer... let's call it
> "predictive timeshift(c)".
>    But i assume that's already patented, at least in USA
> >- so you are able to repeat a scene if for example you didn't
> >  understand something
>
> Great!
>
> If would be good if the replay could drop frames so it will
> -slowly- catchup to the real time stream. (I the user want's to).

I don't understand what you exactly want.

Thomas