VDR LiveBuffer Patch

bergwinkl.thomas@xxxxxxxxx(Thomas Bergwinkl)  18.08.05 14:40

>Philippe Gramoulle wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:07:49 +0200 (CEST)
>> vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>   | With this Patch VDR can do permanent timeshift, so you
>> can see the last scene again whenever you want :-)
>>
>> Sorry, i'm not sure to fully understand what new
>> functionality this patch brings. Can you elaborate what you
>> mean by "permanent timeshift" ?
>>
>> How does it differ from current behavior ?

>The patch does following:
>- it always records the channel you are watching,

Super!

>  when you switch channel a new recording starts
>  and the old will be deleted

   "immediately" because it would be too complicate to let
   the "mainly viewed stream" continue being recorded while zapping,
   so after zapping back i can see the timeshifted record starting
   at the moment of the first "zapp". ;-)
   OK, the next step would be: record always all available
   transponders in a 2h ringbuffer... let's call it "predictive timeshift(c)".
   But i assume that's already patented, at least in USA.

>- so you are able to repeat a scene if for example you didn't
>  understand something

Great!

If would be good if the replay could drop frames so it will
-slowly- catchup to the real time stream. (I the user want's to).

>- or when you are watching a film, and you decide during the film,
>that you want to record it, you can do so, if the beginning is in the
>livebuffer (new timer -> LiveBuffer: yes)

How big is the buffer?

>- you can turn on/off this functionality in menu -> setup ->
>recording -> LiveBuffer

Important ;-)

>  there you can also set the size for the livebuffer (in MB)

Ah.

Thanks for making the patch!