Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Martin Wache wrote:
> In my opinion the method CallPluginExtension() is not needed, the same
> can easily done by just calling
> cPluginManager::GetPlugin("name")->ExtensionInterface().

The only (very minor) difference is that your call uses the first plugin
of that name, while CallPluginExtension() queries all plugins of that
name until one answers.

> I think it would be nice to be able to know which
> plugin actually answered the request, so that following request can be
> sent directly to that plugin.

CallPluginExtension() and CallFirstExtension() actually return a pointer
to the plugin that answered the request, or NULL if none answered.

If you're worried about speed, you could pass through a pointer to a
callback function, so further communication uses the callback and not
the interface.

Christian Wieninger wrote:
> I think so too. Perhaps CallAllExtensions could also return a pointer to the
> plugin like CallFirstExtension does.

The point of CallAllExtensions() is that the call goes to all
extensions, not just one. It would need a whole list of plugins to solve
this.

> Thanks again. The next release of epgsearch will support this patch, and I
> hope I can soon drop the currently needed #ifdef PATCH_EXTENSIONINTERFACE ;-)

I've used #if VDRVERSNUM >= 10330 || defined(PATCH_EXTENSIONINTERFACE)
in the sources by purpose, so the code will be used for VDR 1.3.30 and
any previous version that is patched. Why drop backwards compatibility?

Cheers,

Udo