Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> Why don't you just give your plugin a dedicated function
> that does exactly what you want? You'll just need to typecast
> the cPlugin pointer you have to the particular type and can
> then call that plugin's additional functions.
>
> Or am I missing something here?

I tried to do the communication like this for softplay and softdevice.

The problem here is that the plugins don't have acces to the symbols of
each other. So plugin1 cannot call plugin2->Somefunction(), except this
plugin is dlopened with the flag RTLD_GLOBAL to make the symbols
available to everyone. But this is not recommended...
The other possibility is to actually link one plugin to the other, which
I also don't like.

I would appreciate very much a extension of cPlugin like Udo suggested.
I think it would be the best solution also for softplay/softdevice.

Martin