Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Why don't you just give your plugin a dedicated function
> that does exactly what you want? You'll just need to typecast
> the cPlugin pointer you have to the particular type and can
> then call that plugin's additional functions.

How to check that the plugin is really what it seems to be?

With these multiple-symbol-contexts, I'm not sure if the safe way to
dynamic_cast<cSomePlugin>(Plugin) would work, so you have to blindly
cast to cSomePlugin.
And this class is declared twice: once in the server plugin, once in the
client plugin. If these two declarations don't match exactly, the result
is unpredictable and will most likely crash. Even a small update of the
server plugin that is not reflected to the client plugin can cause chaos.

Cheers,

Udo