Transfer mode and a motorised dish

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

>>>The other problem with vdr and motorised dishes is due to the timeout
>>>for recordings.  If vdr receives no data for MAXBROKENTIMEOUT defined in
>>>recording.c it does an emergency restart.  Now on the plus side, by the
>>>time vdr restarts my dish has (so far) always moved to the correct
>>>position!  However, I must say it is hard to explain to my wife why the
>>>recording we just happened to be watching at the time stopped midway
>>>through...
>>
>>Here my fix is to wait ten time the MAXBROKENTIMEOUT but only for the
>>first packet.
>

> OK, this may be a good compromise.

Maybe a definitive solution is simpler than I thought:

-modify cDvbDevice::HasLock to check that the dish is positioned (by
querying plugins)
-remove the wait for HasLock in cDevice::AttachReceiver
-remove also Receiver->Activate(true) there. In its place mark that this
receiver hasn't been activated
-modify cDevice::Action to wait for HasLock() before the main loop
-call receiver[i]->Activate(true) in cDevice::Action just befor calling
Receive, but only for receivers that haven't been activated yet

WDYT Klaus?

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -