[ANNOUNCE] vdradmin-0.97-am3.3

Andreas Mair wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>Thanks, Andreas.  I should RTFM better :). I was just trying to see if I
>>could map a directory to a Windows PC using Samba, but it looks like its
>>using 8.3 (shortname) dir listings which causes it to fail.  Thats ok.  I
>>appreciate the clarifications.  NFS would be the best solution.
>

> Don't know how you setup samba, but I use it to share my VDR's recordings
> and they all have long names. Maybe it has to do with a missing VFAT
> define?

To remove the 8.3, I had to add this to [global] in smb.conf:

# Prevent 8.3 directory listings
   case sensitive = yes
   preserve case = yes
   mangle case = no
   mangled names = no

But, now vdr is using invalid DOS characters which prevents the files from
opening.  I dont think that ":" is valid.  :)

Regards,
C.