Software suspend (was Re: boot times)

Hi Patrick,

> Yes, I unload the DVB drivers before suspending and reload them after
> resuming. Because of the firmware load of the DVB-USB-devices (after
> firmware load they do a soft-reboot and appear as a "new" device) I had to
> add a small delay of 3 seconds, that's what I meant by quirk.

Thanks for sharing your experience. That's very interesting because
I'm trying to improve the boot-time of my VDR for some months.

Would a hibernated PC wake up by Wake-on-LAN or Wake-on-Ring?

Regards,
   Roland

--
One of the strongest advantages of plain-text email is that people
cannot use the typesetting features they want.