RED button always "Pausing live video..."

Hi,

I'm facing the problem that every time I'm on some plugin's screen in
VDR (for example, the burn plugin, which has "Commands" mapped on the
red remote control button), if I'm pressing the red button on my remote,
instead of doing what the red button should do in that specific plugin,
VDR always pauses live video. The other coloured buttons seem to work
(for example when showing recording details, now/next in the schedule
menu, or such things). This happens regardless of the VDR version (now
I'm using 1.3.24).
VDR learned my remote control's keys (LIRC) once, although it keeps
asking me to learn them at every start, and after waiting those few
seconds it asks for the KBD keys (I'd love to have some keys learned
from the IR, but PS/2-attached keyboard+trackball of my htpc, but it
never recognizes a keyboard key, maybe somone can give ahint on this
one, too), and after VDR finally starts, I can use my LIRC remote
control normally (well, if this red button issue wouldn't be).
Maybe it's worth mentioning that I have a single budget card setup,
therefore I do the decoding with softdevice/DirectFB, or xine/df_xine,
but this behaviour is all the same.
Any clues where to look for what I'm doing wrong?

Lucian.

P.S. I'd like to sort this kind of things out, to be able to use cutting
of the recordings and archiving with the burn plugin, all from the LIRC
remote (or even from the IR keyboard).