Low volume on Pro7 ?

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 03:54:21PM +0200, Harald Milz wrote:
> Rainer Zocholl <UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308-@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Add-dropping software would be lucky to have such an exact signal to detect
> > "commericals" ends and beginns!
>
> Do we have any chance to evaluate this value within VDR, or is the AC3
> stream sent to the SPDIF out directly within the AV7110 chip? Werner, _you_
> are the firmware guru, what do you think?

VDR sends the PS1 PES frames with its AC3 payload to the
DVB card.  The firmware only forward PCM, AC3, and DTS to
the S/P-DIF out.  No way and no resources (memory and CPU
power) to filter or modify bigger part of the streams.
Currently only the first few bytes of the DTS/AC3 data
frames are checked to get the correct timings, data frame
size and sampling rates.

       Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/