vdr + streamdev_client + softdevice problem.

DOm schrieb:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:55:59 +0200
> Martin Wache <M.Wache@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>Client:
>>> vdr+streamdev_client+softdevice(xv output)
>
> [...]
>
>>>Going fullscreen repeatedly makes vdr exit, but I do not know if
>>>the problem is caused either by softdevice itself or by streamdev or
>>>even by vdr, so i ask you some help.
>>>
>>>Some info on my configuration:
>>>i'm using vanilla vdr 1.3.25, streamdev CVS and softdevice CVS,
>>>kernel 2.6.11 and i use LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 when launching vdr.
[....]

>>Please try to use the softdevice version 0.1.2, which is the last
>>stable release and has save buffer sizes. The CVS version is the head
>>of the development, which is _not_ the most stable version.
>>

> Using a stable softdevice does not changed anything, i suspect this
> issue is caused by softdevice which maybe show some problem in
> streamdev or vdr? The exit seems to be from vdr, cTSBuffer::Action() in
> device.c
So it is not the small buffers of the softdevice CVS version.

To me it looks like the network connection of the streamdevice gets
lost, which in the end causes the crash.
I know that on my computer switching from/to fullscreen repeatly takes a
lot of CPU power and almost blocks anything else. I never had any
crashes when trying this with the softdevice alone, only messages where
vdr complained about full buffers.
But maybe the loss of the CPU power causes the disconnect?

Martin