Dead lock in VDR/EPG scan

reinelt@xxxxxxxx(Michael Reinelt)  08.06.05 07:24

>> Anybody here who is really using EPG scan? ;-)

>Yes, me :-)

Ah, you do? ;-)

Is it a single or multi card system?
I assume it's a single card?

>It did *never* work here until a bug was fixed in 1.3.25.

>Now the EPG scan starts in the night (as I want it to),

If it is a multi card system, when does it start?
almost "immediately" or after 1 or 2 h?

>but in the next morning, my screen is black.

>VDR still works, I can access the menus and so on,
>but no Live-TV.

I could not, VDR reprints very fast the line
"channel not available" on the OSD.

>If I watch a recording, it's fine, if I abort it again
>=> black screen.

Have you locked all HDTV channels with an "non existing CA"-ID?

>The only solution I found is restarting VDR.

ACK, but is assume in your case "simply" one of the drivers died.

>Maybe the EPG scan tries to tune to a evil/bad/random channel, or one
>of the channels confuses the FF card, ...

>I could not find anything useful in the logfiles...

I only found 2 "switch to channel"...

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //