vdr and YUV output

Hi,

I'm in the course of converting my home cinema equipment from S-Video
(Y/C) to YUV connection.

Currently I use vdr with a full-featured card and s-video output through
the j2 connector. What is the "recommended" way to move vdr to YUV
output, as the FF cards are not capable of doing so? I don't want to
shell out to much money, so RGB->YUV converters are probably out of the
range.

Would a cheap (PCI) ATI (Radeon 8500/9x00) card with an YUV adapter be
suitable, and what picture quality is achievable through this setup? Are
there any other options? The PC is a 1.3GHz celeron MediaPortal, so I
can't spare to many CPU cycles on either X or software mpeg decoding.

Thanks,

Andreas