SVDRP and dates

On Saturday 04 June 2005 14:15, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Jan Ekholm wrote:

<lots of stuff>

> VDR/HISTORY:
>
> 2005-03-20: Version 1.3.23

> - The day of a timer is now stored as a full date in ISO notation
> ("YYYY-MM-DD") in 'timers.conf' and for the result of the SVDRP command
> LSTT (based in parts on a patch by Roman Krenick?).

Thanks, I didn't think about looking in that file. The change is very, very
welcome as it lets me get rid of 50-100 lines of educated guesswork related
to the month/year for a timer. It was worth upgrading for that little change.

Now, one could of course ask nicely for a similar change to LSTR? There only
the year is missing, but as some of us store recordings for a long time there
will be recordings with "wrong" years sooner or later. VDR itself can get
this info from the raw files, but SVDRP users can't. Of course, for
recordings this info is mostly only of informational nature, unless one tries
to figure out the oldest recordings and clean up with DELR.

--
'Educational' refers to the process, not the object. Although, come to think
of it, some of my teachers could easily have been replaced by a cheeseburger.