SVDRP and dates

chakie@xxxxxxxxxxxx(Jan Ekholm)  04.06.05 12:42

>I remember that there was a discussion some time ago that VDR would
>use a new date system for timers that also included a month/year in
>addition to the day.
>Or am I mistaken?

No. the timers format changes.
So there is no way back if you run 1.3.23ff if you
did not backup your .conf by your own.,

>We sometimes end up having old timers in VDR that we just deactivate
>but don't delete, and it's very hard to know wether a timer
>that is set to the "5th" is June 5th or May 5th.

That's solved, but (IMHO) it was no good idea that "single timers"
are now deleted after done.
Some times i missed a timer (because of work at VDR?) or the recording was
broken or only partial due to delays, so it was nice just to pickup the last
"once" timer and reactivate it.
Too there is the problem that the EPG is not going backwards very much,
so no "timer base" could be used if i found a "single timer event"
being worth to become a regular timer.
Maybe the user should have the chance to generally say:
"delete single timer when done autoamtically" or
"let the user delete them manually".

>We still use VDR 1.3.18 and I work on a small application that uses
>SVDRP to get this information using LSTT. Was it so that some newer
>VDR version had changed the date format used?

[vdr] VDR developer version 1.3.23
|- The day of a timer is now stored as a full date in ISO notation
|  ("YYYY-MM-DD") in  'timers.conf' and for the result of the
|  SVDRP command LSTT (based in parts on a patch by Roman Krenicky).

Rainer